In order to educate people about the healthy aspects of meditation the Art of Living has planned to host a meditation initiative across India.
“Art of Living will conduct a nation-wide ‘Meditate India’ starting Sunday. The initiative is aimed at raising awareness about the benefits of meditation and providing an opportunity for people to internalize meditation in their lifestyle,” an official from Art of Living stated here.
Being launched Sunday, which also is the birthday of the Art of Living founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the initiative will educate people that meditation is healthy, simple to practice and results in good health, peace and happiness.
“The campaign will see people from all walks of life coming together to share some moments of silence through guided meditations at around 1,700 centers in India. The free meditation camps will be conducted in residential localities, corporate houses, schools, colleges and parks all over India,” the official said.
The initiative will run till May 31.
- MRI scanners affect concentration and visuospatial awareness
- Cancer Medical Camp Evokes Good Response At Srinagar
- Religious Leaders Urged To Spread Awareness About Polio
- Survey: US Girls More Likely To Text While Driving
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- UMA to sponsor ‘Learn for the Cure’ breast cancer initiative
- DNDi commences Oxaborole SCYX-7158 Phase I clinical trial for sleeping sickness
- First Gay Senior Citizens Center Opened In NYC
- Med students to get training to treat PTSD, combat head injuries
- Restaurant Calorie Counts: Will They Change the Way You Order?
Submited at Saturday, May 12th, 2012 at 10:00 am on Uncategorized by hilman
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback