The technology behind the electronic cigarette is usually spoken of as something that can help people to quit smoking entirely. It can certainly achieve this, since it both serves as a nicotine delivery system and mimics the experience of smoking tobacco in such a way that it serves as an excellent alternative to the traditional form of smoking. What many people have not yet realized, though, is how much benefit these devices can offer for people who have every intention of continuing to smoke.
The general trend in law has been to make it more difficult, or even impossible, to smoke in more places. People have been asked to move to special sections of facilities, move outside, and then move farther from the door. They often end up standing around in the rain in order to avoid having to suffer through a craving. An electronic cigarette turns a liquid into vapor without actually burning anything or releasing toxic chemicals. Therefore, it is something that you can use to meet the needs of your habit without having to leave the company of your friends or to go outside in bad weather.
Having an electronic cigarette is also very valuable to any smoker who must spend a lot of time in places where smoking is not allowed, but it is also difficult or impossible to leave. A frequent traveler, for example, can use them as an option on the road where tobacco smoke would be unwelcome. They can also be used in places like hotel rooms and buildings where tobacco is not allowed. If you spend time in places where there are long security lines involved in going in and out, you can save yourself a lot of difficulty and wasted time by having an alternative ready to use as needed.
Benefiting from an electronic cigarette does not require that you actually intend to stop smoking tobacco. You can also use it as a safe substitute for your existing habit at times when lighting up the real thing would be rude, illegal, or inconvenient. It is a great way of making your life as a smoker a lot less unpleasant.
- Troponin I level test may help rule-out diagnosis of heart attack
- What mistakes in order to prevent in designing the right relationship
- Referral rates for doctors almost double in 10 years
- Children who develop asthma have lung function deficits as neonates, study suggests
- Sexting Rate Declines
- Smoking of dads before conception can damage genetic information of their offspring
- Next season’s influenza shots to contain two newer strains
- AT&T to operate AMA’s on-line doctor portal
- Novel animal reservoir for group of tick-borne diseases discovered — and it lives in your backyard
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
Submited at Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 at 5:56 am on Health Care & Medical by Alina
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback