Union Minister of State for Tourism Sultan Ahmed has urged the community leader in West Bengal to come together to spread awareness about the benefits of polio vaccine.
“All the religious leaders should come together to spread awareness about the benefits of polio vaccine and ensure that not a single child is left out in the immunization campaign,” Ahmed told reporters here Friday.
Around 4.5 million kids are expected to be immunized in West Bengal’s 11 districts during the June 17 polio campaign.
Ahmed added that even though India was no longer on the World Health Organization’s list of polio-endemic countries, there was a risk of unprotected kids in the country getting infected, as the polio virus still existed in neighboring Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Muslim cleric Mehrab Siddiqi also appealed to the parents to get their kids vaccinated.
- Malaria vaccine reduced severe and uncomplicated malaria by a third in young infants when given with other routine vaccines
- Vaccine Safety
- ‘Cruise Ship Virus’ Vaccine Shows Promise (CME/CE)
- ACIP Changes Flu Vaccine Dosing for Kids
- FDA Approves New Combination Vaccine That Protects Children against Two Bacterial Diseases
- Hay fever vaccine shows efficacy in phase IIa trial
- Report Cites Problems in CDC Vaccine Program
- Shingles Vaccine Deemed Safe in Large Study
- Lab Notes: HCV Vaccine on the Horizon
- Possible Clues Found to Why HIV Vaccine Showed Modest Protection
Submited at Sunday, June 17th, 2012 at 12:00 pm on Uncategorized by Gillan
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback