Doctors at the Kovai Medical Center and Hospital (KMCH) in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, revealed that they have harvested the vital organs of a 16-year old boy who was brain dead following an accident.
Sanjay Suresh was severely injured following an accident last Friday and physicians at the hospital declared him brain dead on arrival.
Suresh, who was studying in Class 10, had already decided to donate his eyes on his death and acting on his wish, his parents decided to donate all of his vital organs.
- First measurements made of key brain links
- Migraines’ Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Disruption Of Brain’s ‘White Matter’ Formation By Social Isolation
- Scientists uncover a new pathway that regulates information processing in the brain
- Researchers explore how the brain perceives direction and location
- Prospective Alzheimer’s drug builds new brain cell connections, improves cognitive function of rats
- The Link Between Chocolate & the Nobel Prize
- Cognitive basis proposed for fatigue after stroke
- Football and Brain Cell Damage
- Targeted oxidation-blocker prevents secondary damage after traumatic brain injury, study suggests
Submited at Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 at 6:00 pm on Uncategorized by Alina
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback